In the April 2020 edition of Used Car Dealer Magazine, motivational sales speaker, trainer and author John Chapin laid out some sales techniques that can apply to car dealers.
- Build relationships. Salesmen are most effective talking to people over the phone or in person.
- Know the sale process. Stay active and talking to customers. Spend time with them to build that relationship. That’s what will keep them coming back to your lot.
- Know your motivation. Your motivation or you “why” will drive you to work harder.
- Know your numbers. Set annual, monthly, and weekly goals and plan out the daily activity that will help you achieve those goals.
- Be persistent and persevere. We all hate to face rejection but don’t be afraid of it. Keep in contact with customers who shop with you and get to know them and what they want out of a car.
Follow the TDS Insider blog for more industry news and tips.